Day 1: Delhi – Shivpuri Camp
Depart from New Delhi. Arrive Snow Leopard Adventures Camp for lunch. Post lunch, a 10-km river rafting session. Tent pitching demonstration and expedition training. Dinner and overnight in camp.
Day 2: Shivpuri
Early morning wake up call followed by a nature walk in the surrounding areas. After breakfast, we do a training raft run. Lunch at the camp. Post lunch, we drive for about a three-and-a-half hours to a beach on the Alaknanda River. Overnight at camp set up on the beach.
Day 3: Drive to Put in Point
We leave camp after breakfast and drive for an hour to the put-in point for rafting expedition.
Start the Alaknanda River Rafting Expedition. A few kilometers downstream the valley widens and the river eases in intensity once we are past the relatively big town of Srinagar. The town is famous in the area for its university. The entire rafting is through areas rich in avi-fauna and wildlife. Overnight on beach by the river.
Day 4: On Expedition
After breakfast, start the day’s rafting. Today the river enters a breathtakingly beautiful gorge and picks up in intensity. We finish rafter for the day and set up camp for the night on an isolated beach by the Ganga River.
Day 5: Finish expedition and drive to Shivpuri camp
Rafting begins after breakfast. The river now widens out and is relatively calm for the next 20 river kilometers. We finish the rafting session and drive to Snow Leopard Adventures Camp.
Lunch at the camp. Post lunch, we go for sightseeing and visit the various ashrams of Rishikesh.
Dinner and overnight at Snow Leopard Adventures Camp.
Day 6: Shivpuri-Delhi
Return to Delhi
What to Bring Along
- Shorts/ tights
- T – Shirt (preferably not cotton)
- Sports shoes without socks / beach sandals
- Retainers for prescription glasses or sunglasses
- Life jackets, paddles, and helmets will be provided at the camp.
- Clothes ( Track bottoms, T-shirts,light jacket)
- Personal medical kit and toiletries
- Sun shade/ cap
- Sunblock lotion
- Retainers for prescription glasses/ sun glasses
- Water bottle
- Rain gear (raincoat/ umbrella)
- Musical instrument/ reading/ writing material
- Your Spirit of Adventure and sense of humour!